Researchers confirm that for a certain period of their life, more than 80% of the people will suffer from vertebrogenic disorders, which are health disorders caused by spinal faults. Some of these vertebrogenic disorders are back pain, neck pain, migraine headaches, tension headaches, neuralgia, dizziness, shoulder and arm pain, pain in the legs or sciatica, pain in the hips and knees, disc disorders, certain types of chest and abdomen pain, certain digestive problems and menstrual problems. Most of these conditions may seem unrelated to the spine, but their common connection is the nerves, which runs through and serves all parts, organs and systems of the body. When irritated either directly or indirectly by spinal disorders, these nerves can cause all these and other conditions.
Spinal problems may start in childhood and the symptoms may only appear years later. These disorders are often reversible when identified early. They may also occur as a result of trauma, poor posture and lifestyle habits, and physical and mental stress. That is why spinal examinations are important for both children and adults.
Chiropractic care is one of the most effective and safest treatment therapies for spinal disorders. Many people find great relief from their pain and the symptoms of neuromusculoskeleral disorders from chiropractic care.
When to Visit Your Chiropractor
When is the proper time to visit a chiropractor for examination and treatment? Any of the following situations provides enough reason to see your chiropractor:
- When you have back pain. The top reason for people to pursue chiropractic care is back pain. Most cases of pain of the lower back and upper back can be traced to spinal misalignments. Aside from doing correction of the spinal problem through adjustments, the chiropractor can help build up your core muscle strength, improve your posture and overall spinal health.
- When your headaches persist and never seem to leave you. Headaches are often the result of vertebral subluxations, which cause your nervous system to be out of balance. Spinal adjustments can help bring balance to your nervous system and allow correct signals to be sent to the different parts of the body.
- When you have been injured in a car accident or at work. There are two possible scenarios after an accident: You may have trouble dealing with the pain or the pain may not appear for a long time after the incident. In either case, you should have yourself checked to prevent future problems.
- When you have pain in your extremities. Chiropractic care has been very successful in the treatment of extremity pain such as leg, knee, hip, wrist arm and shoulder pain for many years.
- When you are pregnant and has aching back. Many chiropractors are well trained in providing chiropractic care for pregnant women not only for the relief of back, neck or joint pains but also in preventing potential breech or caesarian deliveries.
- When you are in your retirement years and aches and pains prevent you from enjoying life. Chiropractic care is not just for the physically active but for older people as well. Not only will the cause of your aches and pains be addressed, but the best strength and endurance exercises suited to your present health status will be recommended to you.
- When you are concerned with your personal health and want a natural approach to healthcare. Chiropractic is an ideal approach to preventive health and wellness. Your chiropractor can greatly help you in making the appropriate lifestyle changes and will make a good partner in achieving your wellness goals.
- When you are concerned with your child’s or newborn’s long term health and well being. Chiropractors are experienced to provide care for pediatric spinal problems. They use specific, gentle skills to diagnose, evaluate and treat children.
There are a hundred and one reasons for you and your family to visit your chiropractor. Chiropractic care encompasses many facets of healthcare that will benefit people of all al ages and health conditions.